Valentine's Day is right around the corner. If you are looking for ways to show your pup how much you love them, what better way than homemade treats. We are going to share a simple dog cookies recipe that you can bake at home.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 heart or bone-shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour with peanut butter and applesauce in a large mixing bowl. Add water as needed and use your hands to knead into a dough. The dough should medium firm.
- Place the dough on a flat surface and roll into a sheet using a rolling pin. Use flour, if dough sticks to surface. The sheet should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut the dough and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden brown. Cool before serving and store in an airtight container.
This recipe should be enjoyed as a treat. Please check with your vet before making any changes to your dog's diet.