They say that every dog has its day, well National Dog Day is their day! At Simba's BARKery we are all about dogs and look for every opportunity to celebrate them. There is no better day to celebrate your dog than on National Dog Day which falls on August 26th each year.
National Dog Day was founded by Pet & Lifestyle Expert and Animal Advocate, Colleen Paige. The idea behind this day was to create awareness around rescue dogs and help clear the shelters.
Here are 10 ways to celebrate National Dog Day
1. Adopt a dog from your local shelter or spend some time volunteering there
2. Spend the day taking pictures of your puppy or hire a professional photographer to capture those memories. Don't forget to tag us @simbasbarkery
3. Spoil your pup with lots of toys bought from a small business
4. Throw your pup a party with one of our cakes. We are donating 30% of sales to a local animal shelter for purchases made prior to Aug 26th.
5. Take your dog for a walk and spend time in nature. Please remember to be careful as it is hot outside.
6. Take your dog to the groomers for some spa treatments and a new haircut
7. Send a dog-related gift to a friend or family member
8. Cuddles and kisses! Laze on the couch with your pup
9. Arrange a doggie play date with your dog's favorite friend
10. Treat yourself with some dog-related shopping